The Future of Digital Banking: Asia Pacific brings together 150+ bankers from across the Asia Pacific region and beyond to share insights and discover innovations in banking for the digital age.
Now in its second year, this banking conference will provide a platform for key decision makers at global incumbents, local banking players and start-ups to share the most exciting developments in banking and how it will affect the future for banks, FinTechs and the customer.
Highlights for 2017:
Tuesday, 21st March 2017
From conception to execution: putting innovation strategies into practice
- Ongoing digital transformation: remaining at the forefront of change
- Developing an action plan for digitisation: what are the key elements?
- Exceeding expectations: ensuring innovation strategies remain customer-centric
- Aligning internal culture to support digitisation: ensuring the workforce is on board
- Eradicating silos and putting digital at the heart of every team
- Disruptors and challengers: what lessons can be learnt?
- What are the opportunities for banks to partner strategically?
- What has changed? How have other industries shaped expectations?
- What digital experiences can banks offer to delight the customer?
- What new roles could banks play in a customer’s lives?
- Preparing for the future: how can banks be ready for tomorrow’s customer?
- Increase customer loyalty through successful 24/7 banking experiences
- To what extent are customers ready for digital-only services?
- How can banks maintain a customer relationship when removing human input?
- Customer support: ensuring the necessary help is provided throughout self-service
With an average of 3 hours spent on mobile devices daily, consumers expect brand experiences to be relevant, immediate, and of utility. Learn about how financial services brands can harness the power of mobile-first platform Facebook to reach customers who matter, when it matters.
In a world without limits, what would the ultimate customer-orientated company look like? Now is the time to find out.
During this session delegates at their tables will have the opportunity to create a company that has top customer experience. A nominated representative from each table will then share their conclusions with the Chair and our experts for comment.
- What does a market-leading mobile banking experience look like?
- Building a compelling proposition for acquiring new customers
- Seamless customer onboarding: the key to rapid growth?
- Mobile PFM: the importance of adding value to the banking experience
Launching India’s first mobile-only bank: capitalising on biometrics and AI
Always the innovator, DBS announced last year that it had launched India’s first mobile-only bank, digibank. Using biometrics and AI, digibank offers customers a whole new way of banking. With no form filling, no branch visiting, and no lengthy processes needed, digibank is a paperless, signature-less and branchless bank. One year on, what has DBS learnt from its experience?
Is a mobile-only strategy viable?
- What are the merits and limitations of a mobile-only business model?
- The bank in your pocket: why do customers love a handheld bank?
- How best can you fulfil customer needs once the human touch has been removed?
- Branchless banking: what needs to be included when making banking mobile?
- Mobile for everyone: how do different generations’ needs differ?
- What impact will developments in payments have on bank’s mobile strategy?
- In a mobile-only world: what does success look like?
- Will Asia have open banking regulation of the kind we have seen in Europe?
- What are the opportunities for incumbents and FinTechs?
- Security: what are the risks and how can they be overcome?
- A vision for 2025: what might a more open banking landscape look like?
Wednesday, 22nd March 2017
Facilitating innovation in banking: finding the right regulatory approach
- How has technological advancement made customers more vulnerable?
- Understanding and overcoming where security impacts the customer experience
- How can banks help customers become more fraud-savvy?
- What are the limitations of current verification methods?
- Tying customers to their true identity: how will biometrics lead the charge?
- Changing customer perspectives: taking biometrics mainstream
- Beyond mobile banking: how can biometrics be used more widely in the industry?
Understanding the digital payments landscape
- What should banks’ strategy be with respect to mobile?
- Push payments: is bypassing acquirers the future?
- How can the challenges of cross-border payments be overcome?
- P2P payments: who will dominate in that market?
- Social media payments: linking banks to social profiles for near-instant transfers
- Why might Blockchain technology be fundamental to the payments industry?
- How can digital aid the push towards a cashless society?
- Exploring what is next for payments: what does the future hold?
Making the most of the FinTech revolution: working together to benefit the customer
The FinTech revolution has given the banking industry great opportunities for learning and collaborating. This session will explore how banks can look outside of themselves and partner with FinTechs to combine expertise for the customer.
Reaching untapped markets through a mobile phone
Using digital to bank the unbanked: exploring the opportunities
- How commercially viable is a financial inclusion strategy? Finding the ROI
- What possibilities does an increasingly digital economy offer for financial inclusion?
- How can digital channels be used to encourage unbanked customers to join your bank?
- Prepaid wallets: are these the key to enabling people to accept cashless payments
- Sending money home: how can remittances be made as easy as possible?
- How can social media be used to check those without a credit rating?
Assessing emerging technologies and their potential impact
With new technologies continually coming on stream, it is important for banks to anticipate the next big thing. Through discussion at their tables delegates will devise a single critical question to be answered by our experts.
The event is already in the basket. View basket
Here is a sample list of companies that attended in 2016:
- Allianz Group
- Amazon Web Services
- American Express
- ANX International
- ANZ Banking Group
- AXA Group
- Bangkok Bank
- Bank Bukopin
- Bank Indonesia
- Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam
- Bank Negara Malaysia
- Bank of New Zealand
- Bank of the Philippines Islands
- Bank Rakyat
- BMW Financial Services
- BNP Paribas
- Bualuang Securities
- CITIC Group
- Credit Suisse
- Customers Bank
- Daimler South East Asia
- DBS Bank
- DD Die Denkfabrik
- Deutsche Bank
- Evergrowing Bank
- First Gulf Bank
- Forrester Research
- Go Bear
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- ICICI Bank
- i-exceed technology solutions
- JP Morgan Asset Management
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Mercedes Benz Financial Services
- Nordea Bank
- Oliver Wyman Group
- Palo IT Singapore
- RHB Bank
- Siam Commercial Bank
- Singapore FinTechConsortium
- Standard Chartered Bank
- UBS Wealth Management
- United Overseas Bank
- Vietnam International Bank
- VP Bank
- Webroot Software
- Westpac Banking Corporation