Marketforce’s FATCA Forum brings together banks, fund managers, wealth managers and life assurers to discuss the strategic and operational implications of FATCA for financial institutions.
As firms struggle to get FATCA-ready by 2014, the FATCA Forum offers an unrivalled opportunity for financial services professionals to learn from those with direct experience of implementing FATCA compliance programmes, and those with insight into the wide-ranging global impacts of the legislation.
Topics to be addressed include:
Tuesday, 25th June 2013
Session One: Exploring the impact of IGAs on FATCA implementation
- Understanding the final regulations: is there further need for clarity?
- Have enough IGAs been confirmed to enable coordinated implementation?
- How robust are definitions of customer classifications: should we expect more change?
- Interpreting FATCA for funds: how will the industry be affected?
- Registering an FFI: managing the application process
- International and complex: how can FFIs ensure they comply across jurisdictions?
- Demonstrating compliance: what will the IRS expect from reporting FFIs?
Understanding the requirements of FATCA compliance
- Are the IRS and IGA guidelines clear: what exactly do the regulators want?
- What impact have the IGAs had on implementing international FATCA compliance?
- How effectively do IGAs protect FFIs whose core operations fall within their remit?
- Key challenges in efficient FATCA compliance: how can costs be minimised?
- What progress should FFIs have made by now? Will the deadlines be extended?
Session Two: Efficient and client-friendly implementation
- What can FFIs do to ensure cost-efficiency during implementation?
- To what extent can existing systems be adapted to enable FATCA compliance?
- Ensuring that internal processes are not duplicated during implementation
- Systems for the future: how can FFIs prepare for increasing data sharing requirements?
Best Practice for FATCA Implementation
In this session, delegates will discuss with their peers the key issues regarding FATCA implementation and best practice for overcoming these efficiently and with the least customer inconvenience.
- Ensuring efficient customer contact: the importance of effective communications
- A targeted approach: using existing data to identify likely US citizens
- Updating the on-boarding process to ensure unobtrusive compliance
- What more can be done to improve the customer experience of FATCA?
Session Three: FATCA and the global tax landscape
- How have multiple IGAs increased the complexity of compliance in Europe?
- Building FATCA systems across multiple jurisdictions: keeping the costs down
- What issues affect implementation when final regulatory demands remain unclear?
FATCA’s global future
- The global picture: how is the approach to FATCA differing across regions?
- What more can firms do to ensure cost-efficiency in multi-jurisdiction operations?
- How will FATCA compliance evolve as more countries create IGAs?
- How likely is the IRS to update the regulation after an initial period?
- FATCA and tax-avoidance: will FATCA be overshadowed by new, national priorities?
- The future of FATCA: will other countries create similar anti-avoidance initiatives?
- What key challenges do FFIs face in ensuring US citizen identification?
- Can the industry do more to present an industry wide response?
- Approaching deadlines: how do timelines for compliance look now?
- How are FFIs tackling the major challenges of FATCA compliance?
An update from the IRS
The following FATCA professionals have already confirmed their attendance at this year's event: