Bringing together 20+ expert speakers and 150+ senior figures from all the major retail banks, The Future of Retail Banking: Europe is not an event you want to miss. Now in its 18th year, find the answers you’re looking for to key topics such as open banking, artificial intelligence and blockchain.
Over three days, you will have the chance to make an impression on your peers with our interactive discussions, join an exclusive breakfast roundtable and explore the exciting world of FinTech.
Highlights for 2017:
Watch the video to get a taste of what it's like to attend a Marketforce banking conference >>
Monday, 13th March 2017
Speaker to be confirmed
Drinks and canapés served throughout
Tuesday, 14th March 2017
Redesigning the retail bank
Inspiring transformation from the top down
- What are customers demanding of banks today?
- How best can senior management foster innovation within the bank?
- What initiatives can be undertaken amongst employees to encourage change?
- What can banks learn from large tech firms such as Google and Amazon?
- FinTechs: friend or foe?
- Assessing the impact of PSD2: what are banks doing to prepare?
- Finding new sources of revenue: succeeding in an increasingly turbulent environment
- What will the retail banking industry look like in 2020?
- Making mobile banking fun: overcoming the barriers
- Going above and beyond: meeting and exceeding customer’s high app standards
- How can customer feedback and data be gathered and used to improve?
- How can partnerships create positive mobile banking experiences?
- How will AI help to serve our clients better?
- What will the impact be on the workforce?
- How can AI help assess customers’ credit worthiness and cut down operational risk?
- Making banking more secure: how can AI help beat cyber-criminals and fraudsters?
- How important is the ‘human touch’ in banking and how can it be replicated online?
- All-in-one: exploring how mobile can be relevant to a variety of financial services products
- Becoming a truly pan-European mobile bank
- Open banking and new partnerships: cherry-picking the best solutions for customers
- What key trends and behaviours can we see emerging amongst customers?
- Identifying the challenges to delivering an excellent omnichannel customer experience
- Revolutionising the banking experience: where can the industry look to for best practice?
- Retail banking 2.0: next steps for the industry
The Lab: revolutionising the branch experience
AIB’s ‘Lab’ invites its customers to ‘Learn About Banking’ in a unique environment, helping them to get the most out of their bank. The most cutting-edge technologies have been introduced to the branch, combining digital with excellent human service to offer customers the most complete and fulfilling branch experiences.
Insights from across the world: secrets to creating an inspiring brand
Wednesday, 15th March 2017
A spotlight on innovation labs
Sign up beforehand for limited places at our breakfast roundtable, where a leading expert will guide discussion over a continental breakfast and coffee.
Preparing for a new era of open banking
- What is being done to ensure that PSD2 is being adopted smoothly and coherently?
- Open APIs: empowering banks to securely and rapidly enhance digital offerings
- In what ways will regulation change the way banks build relationships with their clients?
- How will open APIs encourage healthy collaboration and competition in retail banking?
- What other initiatives can be undertaken to encourage open banking?
- To aggregate or to be aggregated: harnessing the potential of open APIs
- Where should banks be looking to for new partnerships and opportunities?
To encourage networking and the exchange of best practice, delegates will be able to choose between one of the three zones for thirty minutes of facilitated discussion relating to product design and innovation. Three expert facilitators will lead the discussions and then present twenty minutes of feedback at the end of the session, with further audience input.
Designing something original
- What can be done to foster a culture of innovation amongst employees?
- How can customer feedback and data best be collected and acted upon?
- In what ways can strategic partnerships help deliver more than just a banking product?
Stefano Azzalin, Director, SELLALAB, Banca Sella
App-friendly products: delivering effortless user experiences
- What are the key elements of an app-friendly product?
- To what extent can all banking services and products be delivered over apps?
- Push notifications: an effective sales tool or a nuisance?
Robert Piotr Hibner, Digital Channels Department, Senior Director, mBank
From inception to realisation: reducing time to market
- Bottom up or top down innovation? Assessing the pros and cons
- How can banks overcome the challenges to encourage a faster time to market?
- How can the impact of legacy systems be reduced when launching new products?
Tsvetanka Mintcheva, Head of Retail Banking, UniCredit Bulbank
Implementing the Internet of Things in the payments sphere
Mastercard has successfully demonstrated the ease in which the Internet of Things can be adapted to suit the payments industry, embedding the technology into everyday objects such as key fobs, smart rings, and even clothing. David Dechamps will discuss MasterCard’s push into what it calls the Internet of Payment Things, and explore the potential of IoT in payments.
- Challenging problems, the failure of traditional banking IT and the hidden role of FinTechs
- What makes a blockchain a blockchain?
- Engineering pragmatic solutions: distributed ledgers, smart contracts, real-time reporting
- Finding your silver lining: a call to action
New technologies, new partnerships and new opportunities
- Preparing for new technology: building flexibility into your digital strategy
- Automating banking: what are the limitations?
- The Internet of Things: where does its potential lie in banking?
- Will blockchain replace or run alongside existing technological infrastructure?
- Predicting the next big thing: finding the perfect partnerships with FinTechs
- David and Goliath: facing up to the tech giants
Banking Technology is the definitive source of news and ...... More »
The BayPay Forum
The BayPay Forum, a Silicon Valley-based international ...... More »
The Paypers (www.thepaypers.com) is the ...... More »
Whether your purpose is to select a PSP to serve your ...... More »
PaymentsJournal is a free, comprehensive online ...... More »
European Payments Council
The European Payments Council (EPC), representing ...... More »
Card & Payments World
Card & Payments World analyses the latest ...... More »
The Fintech Times
The Fintech Times is the world’s first and only ...... More »
The Future of Retail Banking: Europe regularly attracts over 150 senior industry professionals from across Europe. Companies that attended in March 2016 include:
- AIB Group
- Air Bank
- Aktif Yatirim Bankasi Anonim Sirketi
- Alior Bank
- Banca Monte Dei Paschi Di Siena
- Banca Sella
- Bank of Finland
- Bank of Ireland
- Banque et Caisse d'Epargne de l'Etat
- Barclays Group
- BNP Paribas
- CEC Bank
- Danske Bank
- Deutsche Bank
- Deutsche Postbank
- Eesti Krediidipank
- EFG Bank Group
- Erste Bank
- Etelä-Karjalan Säästöpankki
- Eurobank Ergasias
- First Investment Bank
- Hellenic Bank
- Idea Bank Romania
- ING Bank
- ING Belgium
- Intesa Sanpaolo
- Lloyds Banking Group
- OP Financial Group
- OTP Bank
- Oyak Bank
- Permanent TSB
- PKO Bank Polski
- Rabobank Group
- Raiffeisen Bank
- Samba Financial Group
- SEB Group
- Societe Generale
- Swedish Bankers' Association
- UniCredit Group
- Virgin Money
- Zuno Bank
The event is already in the basket. View basket
* This rate is available for financial institutions only. Service providers, including consultants, outsourcing service providers, IT providers and solicitors are not eligible for this rate. The price remains atthe discretion of the conference producers, whose decision is final.
Venue Website »