The European payments ecosystem is in a period of transformation. PSD II is challenging traditional business models, new entrants are looking to disrupt the status-quo and new technology poses the potential for a fundamental shift in how payments are made and secured.
Cards & Payments Innovation Europe brings together leaders in payments to explore innovative strategies for future success. Blockchain, the Internet of Things and biometrics are all featured in a content-driven programme focused on how best to add value and improve security for customers. Boasting a unique speaker line-up and dedicated networking time with peers from across the continent, this conference gives you the tools to capitalise on the challenges and opportunities in this rapidly changing payments market.
Want to keep updated about information regarding this conference?
Reasons to attend:
Tuesday, 8th November 2016
Exploring the next steps for payments
- To what extent is the industry prepared for the implementation of PSD II?
- What will the long-term impact of the regulation be on the payments industry?
- Could lifestyle portals be the answer to adding value in a PSD II world?
- Why is collaboration between banks and fintech companies so important?
- The Internet of Things and PSD II: a recipe for a payments revolution?
- How will security be maintained in an era of increasing openness?
- Preparing for what’s ahead: how can you foster a proactive culture?
- Understanding the role that banks can play in the lives of future customers
- What can banks begin to offer beyond traditional payments services?
- PSD II and beyond: imagining the bank of the future
Pay After Delivery: creating an instant digital wallet
By allowing customers to order items and not settle the payment until they are delivered, Klarna looks to take the friction out of the shopping experience. In this talk, Rogier Schoute will illustrate why creating one-click buying & settlement experiences have benefitted both retailers and customers, leading to Klarna now being responsible for over 40% of all ecommerce sales in Sweden
Utilising open banking to provide the best possible service
Whilst the incoming PSD II regulation will force all banks to open up their APIs, there are those who already do this. In a vision of the future, a representative of Fidor Bank will discuss how the bank is able to engage its customers and add value for them in the context of this operating model.
Samsung Pay: Building innovation through partnership
The Internet of Things is perhaps the most exciting development in the payments space. With the uptake of IoT technology growing exponentially, the next step is to integrate payments into IoT devices to allow the customer to pay for goods and services in brand new and innovative ways. In this presentation, Nathalie Oestmann will illustrate how bringing together connected cars, smart fridges and more is creating the payments infrastructure of the future.
- Changing purchasing behaviours: understanding the impact on payments
- Developing efficient and secure micropayments to enable success
- From social sharing to commercial monetisation
- What new authentication methods are set to become mainstream?
- Tokenisation: is further adoption the answer?
- Is biometrics the next step forwards?
- To what extent will security concerns limit innovation?
The EBA has published a draft of the Regulatory Technical Standard on strong customer authentication under PSD2. In its current shape, the RTS endangers the balance of security and convenience envisioned by the payment industry. In this presentation we will discuss how the current regulatory landscape may shape the “future of authentication” and how the industry can respond in order to create a payment experience that will delight customers.
- Improving the customer experience without compromising on security
- Beyond mobile banking: how can biometrics help the payments industry?
- Looking beyond fingerprints: how far can biometric authentication go?
Speaker to be confirmed
Ensuring security on a wearable payment device
The number of wearable payment devices is growing quickly with easier and more discrete methods constantly being developed. However, the key to uptake will be ensuring the security of these devices. In this talk, Philip Campbell will shine a light on the Kerv smart ring and the steps the company has taken to ensure that any transaction made is secure and properly authenticated.
Wednesday, 9th November 2016
Innovation and collaboration: moving towards instant payments
- Why is creating an instant payments infrastructure important?
- How can Europe collaborate to ensure it catches up with the UK?
- Why could blockchain technology be so fundamental to instant payments?
- What are the barriers to blockchain’s more widespread use in payments?
- How can payments leaders work with blockchain start-ups to succeed?
- Forecasting the finish line: when will the industry be ready for instant payments?
- How can domestic schemes win and partner up with the right players?
- How might local networks retain their relevance in the mobile space?
- Strategies for success: how can local networks work with banks and retailers in the future?
Working with networks to maintain control of the customer relationship
Facilitating the use of mobile for customers is a key to success in the modern era of payments. However, this does not always mean that you need to partner with one of the large tech giants. In this talk, Lars will tell the story of MobilePay, Danske Bank’s mobile payments solution that is now being used by around 60% of the Danish population.
Predicting the pace of change: imagining the POS experience of tomorrow
- How rapidly will contactless payments take off across Europe?
- What comes next? Will the need for a card ever completely disappear?
- Predicting future device innovation: what role will the IoT play?
- How can POS providers stay up to date in the digital world?
- Mobile and wearable devices: will payments ever become ‘mobile-only’?
Start-ups: a bank’s friend or foe?
- Recognising the changing nature of competition in the payments sector
- Understanding the advantages of partnering with start-ups and fintech companies
- Mixing creativity with expertise: creating a culture of collaboration
Collaborating to enable cross-border social payments
Adding payments functionality has been a key focus for social platforms. However, to date no organisation has successfully offered cross-border payments. In this talk, a senior representative from Western Union will reveal how the organisation decided to use its long-standing physical infrastructure to partner with WeChat and Viber in order to create the world’s first cross-border social payments infrastructure.
Android Pay: the next step in European payments
With representatives from across the payments ecosystem already attending, don’t miss out on the chance to join incumbents and disruptors alike such as:
- ABN AMRO
- Aduno Group
- ai Corporation
- Banco Santander
- Bank of Ireland
- Burgan Bank
- CashorCard POS
- Chess iX
- Currence Ideal
- Deutsche Bank
- Discover Financial Services
- Erste Bank
- European Commission
- ING Bank
- International Card Services
- Intesa Sanpaolo
- Israel Credit Cards
- KBC Group
- Krajowa Izba Rozliczeniowa
- MBNA Europe Bank
- QIWI Bank
- Rabobank Group
- Raphaels Bank
- Sopra Group
- UniCredit Group
- Western Union
- Wincor Nixdorf
Acuity Market Intelligence is the definitive source for ...... More »
Banking Technology is the definitive source of news and ...... More »
The BayPay Forum
The BayPay Forum, a Silicon Valley-based international ...... More »
Card & Payments World
Card & Payments World analyses the latest ...... More »
European Payments Council
The European Payments Council (EPC), representing ...... More »
Fintech Finance works with prominent executives in the ...... More »
Global Banking & Finance Review
Global Banking & Finance Review is one of the ...... More »
PaymentsJournal is a free, comprehensive online ...... More »
Payments & Cards Network
The Payments & Cards Network is dedicated to the ...... More »
The Paypers (www.thepaypers.com) is the ...... More »
Smart Insights is the best information source on the ...... More »
The event is already in the basket. View basket
Venue Website »