With up to 30% of households forecast to have some kind of connected home system by 2020, this presents an enormous growth opportunity for energy suppliers.
Smart meters and connected homes are driving a revolution in utilities, as energy suppliers seek to re-invent themselves and the customer relationship by offering a technology-based service to consumers. This transformation is being greeted with both enthusiasm and trepidation by energy suppliers.
This Marketforce and EY webinar will explore how utilities can expand beyond energy supply to offer a wide range of connected home devices and complementary energy services to compete in what will be radically different utilities sector.
Head of Connected Home
Head of Innovation
Partner, Advisory services
Head of New Technology, Innovation and Connected Home
- How are advances in technology forcing utilities to rethink their retail propositions?
- Does customer appetite for connected homes warrant investment in the technology?
- Who is best placed to serve evolving customer demands?
- Are energy suppliers and consumer technology companies on a collision course?
- What is the potential for the use of customer data in the connected home?
- To what extent will the capacity to innovate determine future winners and losers?
- Will third parties be able to gain sufficient trust for customers to let them into their homes?
- How will the relationship between technology companies and utilities develop?