At present, distributed ledger technology and its unmatched potential is probably the most discussed topic in financial services. However, it is now being recognised that the industry must go beyond talk and determine practical, implementable use cases as soon as possible.
Our 2nd annual Blockchain Summit will look to build on the success of its first incarnation, which brought together over 180 senior delegates in 2016, and assist in this mission. With a programme that covers banking, capital markets, and insurance, and an agenda that brings together powerful incumbents and disruptive innovators, the event will explore what blockchain might mean both today and tomorrow. With a focus on delivering tangible insights and encouraging knowledge sharing across the value chain, the event will once again offer an invaluable experience unrivalled in this sector.
Key reasons to attend in 2017:
Want to keep updated about information regarding this conference?
Register your interest below to be the first to receive the very latest news!
Head of Commercial Innovative Technology
London Stock Exchange Group
Tuesday, 28th March 2017
Introduction to Blockchain
Sign up beforehand for limited places at our breakfast roundtable, where a blockchain expert will provide an introduction to distributed ledger technology and take questions over a continental breakfast and coffee
Moderator: Andrew Hilton
Moderator: Michael Mainelli
The Blockchain Revolution: forecasting an unprecedented change in business
- Why must the industry collaborate as blockchain technology evolves?
- Bringing together incumbents and innovators to safeguard success
- Envisioning the future: what form might distributed ledger standards take?
- Identifying shortcomings with the technology in its present state
- How can blockchains’ capabilities be aligned with the needs of financial services?
- Permissioned vs non-permissioned blockchains: assessing relative viability
- Are concerns about the scale of information potentially stored on blockchains justified?
- ‘What if it’s hacked?’ Assessing the inaccessibility of stored information
- Overcoming inefficiencies that are created by enhanced privacy and security
Panel Discussion and Questions
- Why are start-ups perceived as being best at developing new technologies?
- How can collaboration between a range of players best be encouraged?
- Overcoming the challenge of getting universal buy-in across large companies
- The role of the regulator: taking an active role in blockchain’s development
- Encouraging innovation while protecting consumers: how much caution is necessary?
- The FCA sandbox: creating a supportive environment for structured innovation
- What hurdles does the transnational nature of much blockchain innovation create?
- Envisioning an environment where the technology is harnessed to optimum effect
- Has the bitcoin bubble burst? Why has the hype died down?
- Exploring why financial institutions are apprehensive of blockchains using native assets
- When, if ever, will we see central banks issuing cryptocurrencies?
- How might non-native and native asset blockchains coexist in financial services?
Building a blockchain bank: helping the unbanked through technological innovation
Applied Blockchain has been working on a range of different applications for blockchain technologies both inside and outside of financial services. This session will outline several of these before exploring one in detail alongside their partner, BABB, who are developing a fully blockchain-based social bank from the ground-up.
Wall Street Oasis
WSO is the largest online community focused on careers ...... More »
BTC Media, the world’s largest Bitcoin and ...... More »
Brave New Coin
Brave New Coin (BNC) is a leading data & ...... More »
ABI Research is the leader in technology market ...... More »
Smart Insights is the best information source on the ...... More »
PaymentsJournal is a free, comprehensive online ...... More »
Automated Trader is the first global magazine dedicated ...... More »
The BayPay Forum
The BayPay Forum, a Silicon Valley-based international ...... More »
Who attended in October?
- 311 Institute
- ABN AMRO
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Barclays Bank
- Bermuda Monetary Authority
- BBVA Group
- Blockchain Tech LTD
- BNP Paribas Securities Services
- Broadridge Financial Solutions
- Business Reporting - Advisory Group
- Capita Group
- Carmignac Gestion
- Center of Financial Technologies
- Central Bank of Ireland
- CGI Group
- Close Motor Insurance
- Commerz Grundbesitz Investmengesellschaft
- Creditinfo Lietuva
- Department for Work & Pensions
- Eight Roads
- European Central Bank
- European Central Counterparty
- European Digital Currency & Blockchain Technology Forum
- GFT Technologies
- Hogan Lovells
- HSBC Bank
- Imperial College
- ING Bank
- International Financial Data Services
- KBC Group
- King & Wood Mallesons
- Krajowa Izba Rozliczeniowa SA
- LEK Consulting
- Lexmark International
- LHV Pank
- London Stock Exchange Group
- Markerstudy Group
- Mitek Systems
- MMI Holdings
- Norges Bank Investment Management
- Nykredit Group
- Principality Building Society
- Rabobank Group
- RGL Forensics
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- Sanford C Bernstein
- Servulo Correia & Associados
- Software Daten Service
- Stock Exchange of Mauritius
- Tesco Bank
- UK Digital Currency Association
- UniCredit Group
The event is already in the basket. View basket
Venue Website »