The ASEAN insurance industry is filled with both opportunities and challenges; expanding smartphone usage, a growing middle class, the rise of millennials and an ever-increasing awareness for the importance of insurance are transforming the industry. The need to respond to the changes means the call for innovation has never been stronger.
Innovation in ASEAN Insurance is the premier platform to learn from industry leaders and discover key lessons from across the region. Presentations, case studies, and ask the expert sessions will help you successfully navigate your way through an ever-changing environment.
The 2017 event will bring exclusive content and thought-leadership from senior figures at the biggest insurance companies and the market changing InsurTech companies in the region. Bringing all corners of the insurance ecosystem together this event will provide practical knowledge on how your organisations can keep pace to drive success.
Want to receive updates about this conference?
Highlights for 2017
Interested in speaking?
2017 will feauture over 25 senior speakers - will you be one of them? We offer a number of ways to raise your profile, to support your goals for the event.
Get in touch about opportunities and tell us what what you can offer!
Tuesday, 24th January 2017
• How Insurtech start-ups are changing impacting the industry
• How Incumbents are focused too much on incremental digital innovation
• LumenLab’s innovation model and missions
• 7 Predictions for Life Insurance
Building the insurer of the future
- The limitations of insurance today: pinpointing areas for improvement
- Understanding how insurers’ current digital strategies are failing customers
- How best can insurers respond to the needs of today’s customers?
- Anticipating the future customer: how to respond to the customer of tomorrow?
- What lessons can be learnt from other industries?
- What can we learn from other markets who have already begun digital transformation?
- Changing technology: minimising business interruptions and ensuring a smooth transition
- How can you ensure that security remains strong as technology advances?
- Customer expectations: how have they evolved in recent years?
- Providing a standard of service that delights the customer
- What technological advances can be used to move customer experience forward?
- Preparing for the customer of tomorrow: optimising your strategy
- Navigating the many data sources: which are the most useful?
- Enhancing interpretation: translating data into valuable insight
- How can data be appropriately used to build a relationship that matters?
- What industries should insurers look to for inspiration on data usage?
- How are customer embracing digital for insurance ?
- What are the expectations of customer today and tomorrow for insurance ?
- Does digital replace or augment existing channels ?
- How does an insurer go about building the capabilities for omni-channel experiences ?
- Identifying the trouble spots in claims operations
- How can new innovations best be used to cut both costs and claims leakage?
- Understanding the potential of robotics and artificial intelligence
- Maintaining an emotional connection when reducing human input
- Using the data you collect to build a closer ongoing relationship with the customer
- Claiming via your smartphone: will this become a reality?
- How can data be used to counteract new vulnerabilities in the digital age?
- What new sources of data are most effective in revealing fraudulent behaviour?
- The power of predictive analytics: understanding the opportunities
- Candid introspection: Are we transferring our problems to consumers?
- Trust: Is there too much insurance with too little protection?
- Bringing an alternate to insurance, start protecting people holistically
- Universal Safety Account: Simplifying the approach, empowering consumers and completing the market
Innovating in the fight against fraud: ensuring best practice
- Which data sources are most useful in detection and how can they best be analysed?
- How can cross-industry sharing of data and best practice be improved?
- What useful information can be gleaned from the Deep and Dark Webs to prevent fraud?
- How can effective fraud detection be combined with superb customer experience?
- What elements of the customer journey can be re-designed to encourage truthfulness?
- How can a counter-fraud mentality across the organisation?
Insuring the uninsured - how mobile can drive insurance penetration
BIMA is a leading insurance tech player, using mobile technology to disrupt the global insurance industry and encourage financial inclusion. Tapping into growing mobile phone penetration whilst providing the poorest families with insurance, BIMA Mobile is accessing new customers all over the world and providing protection to those who previously seemed impossible to reach.
Wednesday, 25th January 2017
- How do the needs of millennials differ from the traditional customer base?
- Hyper-connectivity: assessing the importance of social media and mobile
- What needs to be done to cater to this new generation successfully?
The first insurance comparison website
PasarPolis is changing the way people research and purchase insurance. The website allows customers to compare premiums and buy insurance by answering as little as three questions. The founder, Cleosent Randing, focuses on ease, simplicity and speed for his customers. In this presentation Cleosent will explain why how the aggregation and comparison model is the future of buying insurance.
Predicting the future of distribution
- What are the major challenges of selling to the customer of today and tomorrow?
- What is the right distribution strategy for today’s environment?
- How can insurers do to drive further success in bancassurance?
- How could tech partnerships drive better distribution across the insurance ecosystem?
- How will digital and technological progress disrupt distribution?
- What new distributors are likely to emerge in the digital age?
- The future of distribution: exploring advancements in mobile applications
Working together with stakeholders for healthy growth
- Modernising the backbone of the insurance industry: are we ready for the challenge?
- Enabling swifter business via tablets and mobile
- What other digital strategies could potentially increase agent effectiveness?
- How to ensure a receptive response: bringing agents on board
Transforming operations for digital success
- How great are the impediments legacy systems present? How can these be overcome?
- What legacy transformation strategies have insurers worldwide found most effective?
- Agile project management: how effective are techniques such Scrum and DevOpps
- What breeds a culture of innovation? How can insurers move away from legacy thinking?
- Stimulating internal collaboration: what works best?
- Are insurers suffering from a lack of innovation skills? How can the right talent be attracted?
Vice President, Digital Interaction and Technology Incubator
APAC Regional Delivery Manager
Co-founder and Executive Director
PolicyPal enables users to manage their policies all in one place and helps them understand whether they are over or under insured. This simple, user-friendly tool demystifies the complexities of insurance. PolicyPal has big plans for the future!
Do It Your way Insurance is Singapore's first Life Insurance Comparison Web Portal launched in June 2014. DIYInsurance empowers customer to make informed decisions about their insurance purchases.
Working together for innovation: the key success factors of partnership
- Why partner? What are the key benefits?
- Identifying the right partner: what should you look for?
- A win-win situation: ensuring that the partnership works for both parties
- What are the most common challenges and how can these be avoided?
- Learning from the banks and FinTechs: how best to follow their example
- What is blockchain: a brief introduction to distributed ledger technology
- How could blockchain revolutionise insurance operations?
- Using smart contracts for automatic claims processing via a distributed ledger
- What role could blockchain play in reducing insurance fraud?
- What does blockchain mean for today’s insurers in the near to medium term?
AETINS – Assured ETernal INsurance ...... More »
AccelTree Software is a pioneer in providing integrated ...... More »
Chartered Insurance Institute Hong Kong
As the premier professional body for the insurance and ...... More »
C2L BIZ is an Insurance Industry focussed leading IT ...... More »
Official Reinsurance Conference Partner
This strategic, content-lead insurance event will invite a host of attendees from the ASEAN region including insurance providers, banks and bancassurance, reinsurance, regulation, InsurTech and aggregators. Here is a list of companies who attend our Asian financial services events.
- Etiqa Insurance & Takaful
- FWD Group
- Generali Group
- Great Eastern
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
- PT AIA Financial
- PT Asuransi Allianz Utama Indonesia
- PT Commonwealth Life
- SunLife Philippines
- Zurich Insurance
- Zurich Topas
Other financial institutions, regulators, InsurTech and advisors:
- ANZ Bank
- Aozora Bank
- Bangkok Bank
- Bank Bukopin
- Bank Indonesia
- Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam
- Bank Negara Malaysia
- Bank Rakyat
- Bank of the Philippines Islands
- BIMA Mobile
- DBS Bank
- Go Bear
- Hearsay Social
- ICICI Bank
- RHB Bank
- Siam Commercial Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Thanachart Bank
- Vietnam International Bank
- Vietnam Prosperity Bank
- Westpac Bank
The event is already in the basket. View basket
*This rate is available for financial institutions only. Service providers, including consultants, outsourcing service providers, IT providers and solicitors are not eligible for this rate. The price remains at the discretion of the conference producers, whose decision is final.
Venue Website »