Explore strategies for success with the industry's biggest players at The Future of Fund Management.
Packed with insights from leaders in asset management, this conference is your chance to get a head start on the competition. Join us to explore pressing issues including the impacts of Brexit, the revolution in investment operations, how to generate return in a troubled market and much more.
Non-Executive Director, Chair of Newton Board
Newton Investment Management
Monday, 27th March 2017
- Trends in growth markets: exploring the shifting global economic order
- Political and economic shocks: are they inevitable? When will they come?
- When will central banks wind-down their QE positions?
- What is the future for interest rates? Should we expect significant changes soon?
Identifying the investment strategies that will deliver
- Where are opportunities for return opening up?
- Fixed income in the doldrums: what is the future for bond markets?
- Evaluating the resurgence of emerging markets: the least worst option?
- How lucrative could the private debt market potentially be?
- Blending active and passive strategies: the key to future success?
- What is the potential of new investment strategies such as crowd-sourced investing?
- Will and should the role of the fund manager in asset allocation increase?
- Where are the opportunities for marginal gains within existing portfolios?
Delivering value in the face of fee pressure
- What more can the industry do to justify the costs of active management?
- The drive for transparency: what will this mean for margins?
- What steps can fund managers take to deliver added value to clients?
- SRI: does added value for investors soften the focus on returns?
- Recognising the need for change: where can funds become more cost efficient?
- Is executive remuneration fit for purpose in the current fee and return climate?
- Is vertical integration a viable strategy to address margin pressure?
- Winners and losers: what business models will succeed in the current market?
- Automated portfolio monitoring: looking beyond algorithmic trading
- Phasing out human input: will AI ever become the fund manager?
- Retaining investor trust: the continued importance of human relationship management
- Fast, reliable and cheap: using automation to streamline operations
- Evaluating the shortcomings of automation: maintaining effective human monitoring
- What is the potential of blockchain to transform the cost base of fund managers?
This session will give delegates the opportunity to hear from organisations disrupting the fund management industry. Three FinTech start-ups will have seven minutes to pitch followed by three minutes of questions each to outline how they hope to transform asset management as we know it, and what they believe the future will hold for this rapidly changing industry.
Adapting effectively amidst unprecedented political upheaval
- How likely and how important is it that UK funds retain passporting rights?
- How would the loss of passporting affect British and international fund managers?
- Is there an opportunity for a UK standard to compete with UCITS internationally?
- How might Brexit affect the UK’s standing in the global asset management industry?
- How likely are Luxembourg and Ireland to expand as alternative fund domiciles?
- Preparing for an uncertain future: what contingency planning is required?
Breaking the mould: embracing an innovative culture
Who will you meet?
Senior decision makers representing the world’s largest asset management firms are already registered to attend, including:
- Aberdeen Asset Management
- Allianz Global Investors
- Appian Asset Management
- Aviva Investors
- AXA Investment Managers
- AXA Rosenberg Investment Management
- Baillie Gifford
- BNP Paribas
- BNY Mellon
- Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Crux Asset Management
- European Central Bank
- Fidelity International
- Financial Conduct Authority
- Henderson Global Investors
- HSBC Bank
- Invesco Perpetual
- Janus Capital Group
- JP Morgan Asset Management
- Jupiter Asset Management
- Kames Capital
- Lazard Group
- London CIV
- Loomis Sayles
- M&G Investments
- Marlborough Fund Managers
- McLagan Partners
- Newton Investment Management
- Northern Trust
- Santander Asset Management
- Skagen Funds
- Standard Life Investments
- State Street Bank & Trust
- Swiss National Bank
- and many more
The event is already in the basket. View basket