The Future of Fund Management is the market-leading conference exploring how you can take advantage of the opportunities arising along with the challenges facing the investment management industry.
Offering a content driven programme packed with insights from leaders in fund management, this event is your chance to get a head start by preparing strategies for future success. Join more than 100 senior asset management professionals and explore pressing topics such as generating return in a troubled market, delivering value in the face of fee pressure, understanding the revolution in investment operations and the potential impact of Brexit.
Monday, 27th March 2017
- Trends in growth markets: exploring the shifting global economic order
- Political and economic shocks: are they inevitable? When will they come?
- When will central banks wind-down their QE positions?
- What is the future for interest rates? Should we expect significant changes soon?
Identifying the investment strategies that will deliver
- Where are opportunities for return opening up?
- Fixed income in the doldrums: what is the future for bond markets?
- Evaluating the resurgence of emerging markets: the least worst option?
- How lucrative could the private debt market potentially be?
- Blending active and passive strategies: the key to future success?
- What is the potential of new investment strategies such as crowd-sourced investing?
- Will and should the role of the fund manager in asset allocation increase?
- Where are the opportunities for marginal gains within existing portfolios?
Delivering value in the face of fee pressure
- What more can the industry do to justify the costs of active management?
- The drive for transparency: what will this mean for margins?
- What steps can fund managers take to deliver added value to clients?
- SRI: does added value for investors soften the focus on returns?
- Recognising the need for change: where can funds become more cost efficient?
- Is executive remuneration fit for purpose in the current fee and return climate?
- Is vertical integration a viable strategy to address margin pressure?
- Winners and losers: what business models will succeed in the current market?
- Automated portfolio monitoring: looking beyond algorithmic trading
- Phasing out human input: will AI ever become the fund manager?
- Retaining investor trust: the continued importance of human relationship management
- Fast, reliable and cheap: using automation to streamline operations
- Evaluating the shortcomings of automation: maintaining effective human monitoring
- What is the potential of blockchain to transform the cost base of fund managers?
This session will give delegates the opportunity to hear from organisations disrupting the fund management industry. Three FinTech start-ups will have seven minutes to pitch followed by three minutes of questions each to outline how they hope to transform asset management as we know it, and what they believe the future will hold for this rapidly changing industry.
Adapting effectively amidst unprecedented political upheaval
- How likely and how important is it that UK funds retain passporting rights?
- How would the loss of passporting affect British and international fund managers?
- Is there an opportunity for a UK standard to compete with UCITS internationally?
- How might Brexit affect the UK’s standing in the global asset management industry?
- How likely are Luxembourg and Ireland to expand as alternative fund domiciles?
- Preparing for an uncertain future: what contingency planning is required?
Breaking the mould: embracing an innovative culture
Over 100 representatives of the world’s leading fund managers attended our 2016 conference, including:
- Aberdeen Asset Management
- Appian Asset Management
- Aviva Investors
- AXA Investment Managers
- Baillie Gifford
- BlueBay Asset Management
- BNP Paribas
- BNY Mellon
- ETF Securities
- Fidelity Worldwide Investment
- Fitch Ratings
- Foresters Friendly Society
- Henderson Global Investors
- Hermes Investment Management
- HSBC Bank
- Invesco Perpetual
- JP Morgan Asset Management
- Jupiter Asset Management
- Lazard Group
- M&G Investments
- Marlborough Fund Managers
- Momentum Global Investment Management
- Neptune Investment Management
- Newton Investment Management
- Nordea Bank
- Old Mutual Global Investors
- Pioneer Investments
- Somerset Capital Management
- Standard Life Investments
- The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
- Union Asset Management Holding
- Vanguard Investments
- Wellington Management International
- Wesleyan Group
The event is already in the basket. View basket