The Future of Fund Management is the market-leading conference exploring how you can take advantage of the opportunities arising along with the challenges facing the investment management industry.
Offering a content driven programme packed with insights from leaders in fund management, this event is your chance to get a head start by preparing strategies for future success. Join more than 100 senior asset management professionals and explore pressing topics such as generating return in a troubled market, delivering value in the face of fee pressure, understanding the revolution in investment operations and the potential impact of Brexit.
Highlights for 2017:
- Hear from the C-level leaders running the largest fund management businesses in the world
- Gain key tips and insights from investment leaders who have consistently generated return over the past 10 years
- Explore the revolutionary impact of artificial intelligence and automation in the future of the industry
- Get an update from the FCA and investigate the potential impact of future regulation and Brexit negotiations
- Personalise your conference experience by choosing either our retail or institutional investment breakout sessions
- Take advantage of multiple networking breaks including an informal drinks reception to catch-up with old friends or make new ones
Speakers confirmed for 2017
Monday, 27th March 2017
Delivering value in the face of fee pressure
- What more can the industry do to justify the costs of active management?
- The drive for transparency: what will this mean for margins?
- What steps can fund managers take to deliver added value to clients?
- SRI: does added value for investors soften the focus on returns?
- Recognising the need for change: where can funds become more cost efficient?
- Is executive remuneration fit for purpose in the current fee and return climate?
- Is vertical integration a viable strategy to address margin pressure?
- Winners and losers: what business models will succeed in the current market?
- Trends in growth markets: exploring the shifting global economic order
- Political and economic shocks: are they inevitable? When will they come?
- When will central banks wind-down their QE positions?
- Does the upward trend in emerging markets have a long-term future?
Identifying the investment strategies that will deliver
- Where are opportunities for return opening up?
- Fixed income in the doldrums: what is the future for bond markets?
- Evaluating the resurgence of emerging markets: the least worst option?
- How lucrative could the private debt market potentially be?
- Blending active and passive strategies: the key to future success?
- What is the potential of new investment strategies such as crowd-sourced investing?
- Will and should the role of the fund manager in asset allocation increase?
- Where are the opportunities for marginal gains within existing portfolios?
- Automated portfolio monitoring: looking beyond algorithmic trading
- Phasing out human input: will AI ever become the fund manager?
- Retaining investor trust: the continued importance of human relationship management
- Fast, reliable and cheap: using automation to streamline operations
- Evaluating the shortcomings of automation: maintaining effective human monitoring
- What is the potential of blockchain to transform the cost base of fund managers?
This session will give delegates the opportunity to hear from organisations disrupting the fund management industry. Three FinTech start-ups will have seven minutes to pitch followed by three minutes of questions each to outline how they hope to transform asset management as we know it, and what they believe the future will hold for this rapidly changing industry.
Adapting effectively amidst unprecedented political upheaval
- How likely and how important is it that UK funds retain passporting rights?
- How would the loss of passporting affect British and international fund managers?
- Is there an opportunity for a UK standard to compete with UCITS internationally?
- How might Brexit affect the UK’s standing in the global asset management industry?
- How likely are Luxembourg and Ireland to expand as alternative fund domiciles?
- Preparing for an uncertain future: what contingency planning is required?
Breaking the mould: embracing an innovative culture
The event is already in the basket. View basket
More than 100 delegates registered for the 2016 event from the world’s leading Fund Management firms. Companies represented include:
- Aberdeen Asset Management
- Advent Software
- Appian Wealth & Asset Management
- Arendt & Medernach
- Aviva Investors
- AXA Rosenberg Investment Management
- Baillie Gifford
- Baringa Partners
- BNP Paribas
- BNP Paribas Securities Services
- BNY Mellon
- Bottomline Technologies
- Clifford Chance
- Create Research
- ETF Securities
- European Fund and Asset Management Association
- Fidelity Worldwide Investment
- Fitch Ratings
- Henderson Global Investors
- Hermes Fund Managers
- HSBC Bank
- Ignites Europe
- Imperial College
- International Financial Data Services
- Invesco Perpetual
- Investment Association
- Jetstone Asset Management
- JP Morgan
- Jupiter Asset Management
- Lazard Asset Management UK
- M&G Investments
- Marlborough Fund Managers
- McLagan Partners
- Momentum Global Investment Management Limited
- Neptune Investment Management
- Newton Investment Management
- Nordea Bank
- Old Mutual Global Investors
- PAM Insight
- Pioneer Investments
- Royal London Group
- Schroders Investment Management
- Somerset Capital Management
- Standard Life Group
- Standard Life Investments
- Standard Life Wealth
- Thomson Reuters
- Union Asset Management Holding
- Vanguard Investments
- Wellington Management International
- Wesleyan Group
- Zurich Insurance Group