The Nuclear New Build Forum returns for a tenth time at a vital moment for the nuclear industry. With the exciting news at Hinkley Point C and movement forward at the other developers, there has never been a better time to assess the state of the industry and the opportunities for a bright future.
Bringing together all the key figures in the nuclear industry, this event will feature strategic insights from those involved in the key decision-making and delivery roles. This is a not-to-be-missed opportunity to get an update on every aspect of nuclear new build all in one place, and to find out how to take advantage of the developments coming over the next year.
What you will gain from attending:
Economic and Community Regeneration
Isle of Anglesey County Council
Wednesday, 20th April 2016
Realising the vision for a new fleet of nuclear power stations
Session One: Strategic outlook for nuclear new build
- What impact will the FID have on the UK’s broader nuclear new build programme?
- What role will foreign investment partners play in the construction phase?
- To what extent are legal challenges against the State Aid decision a serious concern?
- How can developers ensure that responsibilities filter down the supply chain?
- What can be done to encourage greater involvement from SMEs in the supply chain?
- How can the nuclear industry put together a coherent national plan on skills?
- How can the industry best engage with the public as new build projects progress?
Session Two: Building the UK’s new nuclear reactors
Next steps to completing the GDA process across the new build projects
Session Three: Delivering engineering excellence for nuclear new build
Speaker to be confirmed
- Overview of connecting Hinkley Point C to the grid
- Obtaining planning permission for the 400,000 volt overhead transmission line
- How are National Grid engaging with the local community on the project?
- Collaborating with EDF Energy to ensure the transmission network is ready to go in 2025
- What are the subsequent transmission network plans for Wylfa Newydd and Moorside?
Putting together the supply chain
- How can developers and government create a supply chain that is straightforward and accessible?
- What can be done to engage SMEs within the new build supply chain?
- How can businesses gain access to finance to grow their capacity and capability?
- How can the UK ensure there are enough skilled civil engineers to complete the nuclear new build programme, alongside other major projects in the UK?
- How can the value in joint ventures between experienced non-UK suppliers and inexperienced UK suppliers be maximised?
- Investment in new factories and manufacturing equipment for nuclear new build
Further panelist to be confirmed
Session Four: Maximising the socio-economic impacts of new build
- Overview of stakeholder engagement with the local community
- Delivering the economic benefits of Hinkley Point C
- How can negative impacts of the construction work be mitigated?
- What opportunities does Hinkley Point C bring for local businesses?
Driving the socio-economic benefits from new build
- What impact will nuclear new build projects have on the economy?
- What economic benefits will local communities receive from new build developers?
- How can the industry ensure nuclear new build projects generate jobs for the long-term?
- What opportunities will nuclear new build bring for local businesses?
- How can smaller companies collaborate to form an effective part of the supply chain?
- How can developers ensure that socio-economic benefits are shared with local schools?
This event regularly attracts over 100 senior professionals from across the nuclear industry. Here is a sample list of companies that have attended in the past:
- 3T Safety Consultants
- Achilles Group
- Amec Foster Wheeler
- Ansaldo Nucleare
- Arc Energy Resources
- Areva NP
- Babcock International
- Balfour Beatty
- BAM Nuttall
- BOC Group
- Cape Industrial Services
- CGI Group
- Conservative Party
- Doosan Babcock Power Systems
- EDF Energy
- Eiffage Construction Métallique
- Environment Agency
- Esri UK
- Frazer-Nash Consultancy
- Fuel Cycle Week
- GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy International
- GEA Process Engineering
- Gleeds Energy Ltd
- Graham Construction
- Health & Safety Executive
- HGNE/Hitachi GE Nuclear Energy
- Hitachi Europe
- Horizon Nuclear Power
- HSB International
- Industrial Technology Systems
- Japan Steel Works
- Jones Engineering Group
- KBR vKeltbray Group Holdings
- Kier Group
- KSB Group
- L-3 Communications Marine Systems
- Labour Party
- Laing O'Rourke Group
- Morgan Lewis
- MWH Global
- National Grid
- National Nuclear Laboratory
- National Skills Academy
- Nuclear AMRC
- Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Power Engineering International
- Rolls Royce
- S4 Business Development
- Sanderson Watts Associates
- Securitas Security Services
- Sir Robert McAlpine
- Site Heat-treatment Services
- Superheat FGH Ltd
- Toshiba International (Europe) Ltd
- Tradewill Ltd
- Truflo Marine
- Turner & Townsend Group
- UK Power Networks Services
- Walter Tosto
- Welsh Government
- Westinghouse Electric Company LLC
- Willis Group
The event is already in the basket. View basket