The Future of Rail is the UK’s premier strategy-led rail event, offering a unique one-day briefing on the major issues facing the industry.
Passenger demand for train travel is at a record high and Britain now has the fastest growing railway in Europe. We invited an excellent array of industry experts to discuss the challenges and opportunities inherent in building and operating a network fit for the 21st century. Adopting a case study- focused approach, our attendees learned about a range of diverse topics from electrification to smart ticketing, and gained a fresh perspective on issues such as devolution and creating competition on the rails.
Highlights of 2016:
Our 2016 Speakers
Thursday, 1st December 2016
Stimulating economic growth through investment in infrastructure
Making success sustainable: managing growth and passenger experience
- What steps are being taken to ensure network capacity matches passenger growth?
- What further measures are needed improve passenger experience?
- How can passenger-centricity be embedded consistently at the heart of franchises?
- Responding to the CMA report: should the role of open access operators be expanded?
- The Digital Railway: implementing a modernisation regime across the network
- Creating a culture of innovation and supporting innovative ways of working
- Thinking locally: what is being done to involve SMEs in the supply chain?
- Deeper devolution: an empowering movement or a pathway to fragmentation?
- How might Brexit affect how Britain’s railway is run?
- Why is the Northern Powerhouse project essential?
- From concept to reality: what must be done to ensure effective delivery?
- Collaborating for success: the importance engaging stakeholders at all levels
The benefits and challenges of a devolved rail industry
- How has centralised policy traditionally affected infrastructure spending?
- Giving local voices a platform: listening to those who use the network most
- How can we ensure nation-wide support for devolved power and projects?
- Achieving alignment: how can localised networks be integrated with the national network?
- Learning from London: to what extent can other regions use TfL as a model for devolvement?
- Which rail projects are most likely to benefit for devolution and which might be hindered?
Who will you meet?
Over the past 14 years, more than 1,700 senior executives have attended our Future of Rail conferences. Companies that attended in 2015 include:
- 21 Net
- Abellio Greater Anglia
- Adey Group
- Arthur D Little
- Ashtead Plant Hire
- BAM Nuttall
- Bird & Bird
- Carlisle Support Services
- Chiltern Railways
- Department for Transport
- East Japan Railway Company
- East-West Rail All-Party Parliamentary Group
- Eversholt Rail
- Fitch Ratings
- Future Rail
- GB Railfreight
- Go Ahead Group
- Heathrow Express Operating Company
- Hitachi Rail Europe
- Hogan Lovells
- Keltbray Group Holdings
- King & Wood Mallesons
- LEK Consulting
- Morgan Stanley
- Network Rail
- Northern Rail
- Norton Rose Fulbright
- Office of Rail and Road ORR
- Osborne Clarke
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- ScotRail Alliance
- Skanska UK
- Stephenson Harwood
- Thales Group
- Transport for London
- URS Corporation
- Virgin Trains East Coast
The event is already in the basket. View basket
*This rate is only available to direct employees of train operating companies, and will be awarded at the discretion of the conference organiser whose decision is final.
Venue Website »