The Future of Utilities, the UK’s stand out strategic utilities conference returns to London this March with the most senior line up of speakers in its 22 year history.
Addressing all of the most pressing issues for UK utilities, the event will bring together over 300 senior professionals from energy and water for two days packed full of strategic content and valuable networking. Make sure you don’t miss out on the chance to explore issues including generation, water market opening, customer acquisition and more with all of the UK’s leading utilities.
Want to keep updated about this conference?
Highlights for 2017:
Interested in speaking?
2017 will feauture over 60 senior speakers - will you be one of them? We offer a number of ways to raise your profile, to support your goals for the event.
Get in touch about opportunities and tell us what what you can offer!
Wednesday, 29th March 2017
A market built for the future?
Getting set for change: investing in the future of utilities following the leave vote
In this session panellists will discuss key issues facing the utilities whilst delegates will have the opportunity to suggest and vote on questions to be posed to the panel.
- An earthquake for investment? What impact is the vote to leave likely to have on the industry?
- What steps can firms take to secure a sustainable supply of capital?
- Do larger utilities have the skills and systems to compete on customer experience?
- The reforms of a generation: what wider impacts will the industry see from water market opening?
- Disintegration ahead? Is the integrated utility model viable in the UK over the long term?
- Decarbonisation, security of supply and affordability: how is the balance shifting?
- Are utilities sufficiently resilient to the pressures of changing demographics and climate?
Building a market that works for the customer
Thursday, 30th March 2017
Creating a customer-centric utility
Cultivating an innovation culture
- Do utilities have the right balance of skills internally to innovate effectively?
- From the drawing board to the coal-face: rolling out innovations on the front line
- How can utilities get the most from relationships with start-ups and outside innovators?
- Where can the utilities look for innovation best practice?
- How do Ofwat and Ofgem’s differing approaches affect innovation in water and energy?
- How can investment in innovation projects be targeted most efficiently?
Following the passage of the Water Act 2014, Ofwat has a statutory duty to further resilience in UK water. In this presentation Nicci Russell will set out the principal challenges to the future secure supply of water and the measures Ofwat are considering in the run-up to PR19.
- District heating, electrification or hydrogen: evaluating the options
- How can government incentivise the level of investment required?
- How will customers respond to changes in heat provision?
Climate change: how must the industry respond?
- Affinity Water
- Anglian Water
- Apex CoVantage
- Arcus Infrastructure Partners
- Auriga Services Fund & Trust Managers
- Balfour Beatty
- Baringa Partners
- British Energy
- British Gas
- Brookfield Utilities
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- Canal & River Trust
- Capita Property and Infrastructure
- CEZ Group
- Citizens Advice
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Co-operative Energy
- Crown Estate
- Danish Energy Regulatory Authority
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Department of Energy & Climate Change
- Department of Enterprise Trade & Investment
- Drax Power
- EC Harris
- Economic Insight
- EDF Energy
- EDP Renewables
- Electricity North West
- Eneco Energy
- Engage Consulting
- ESB Group
- ESB International
- EXL Service UK
- Ferranti Computer Systems
- Furnell Consult
- GDF SUEZ Energy UK
- Guernsey Electricity
- HM Treasury
- Intergraph UK
- Kuwait Oil Company
- Lafarge Tarmac
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Lowri Beck Services
- Mizuho Corporate Bank
- Murphy Group
- National Audit Office
- New Power
- Newton Europe
- Northern Gas Networks
- Noura University
- Oliver Wyman Group
- Ombudsman Services
- Opus Trust Marketing
- Oxera Consulting
- Oxford Institute for Energy Studies
- Pierre Audoin Consultants
- RWE Innogy
- RWE npower
- Saxton Bampfylde
- Scottish Water
- Severn Trent Services
- Siemens AG
- Siemens Energy
- Siemens Metering Services
- SMBC Europe
- Southern Water
- Tech Mahindra
- Thames Water
- The Water Report
- TVS Supply Chain Solutions
- UK Power Networks
- United Utilities
- University of Greenwich
- University of Oxford
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Sussex
- Veolia Water UK
- Wales & West Utilities
- Water Industry Commission for Scotland
- Wessex Water
- Wheatley Associates
- Yorkshire Water
Venue Website »
The event is already in the basket. View basket